1. Who we are
We are Amble Electrical Distributors Limited.
You can contact us using the following details:
Telephone: 01582 488800
Post: Unit 9a Finway, Dallow Road, Luton, United Kingdom, LU1 1TR
2. Your Privacy
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This document tells you:
- what personal information we collect;
- why we collect this information;
- how we will use it
- how long we will keep it;
- who else will see it;
- your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers' security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
4. What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
(a) Information we collect when you register with us
When you register with us, we may ask you for a number of pieces of information including:
- your name;
- your business name;
- your postal address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your profession;
- a password - please keep this safe;
- whether you would like to receive information from us via email, post or telephone;
- if you are placing an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number.
(b) Information we collect about how you use our website
When you shop with us online or browse our websites or other organisations' websites where our adverts are shown, we may collect:
information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
cookies and information about your online browsing and purchasing behaviour and history on our websites, your location, your product selection, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations' websites);
information when you write a review or ask a question or provide an answer via our Q & A section;
details of your purchases with or through us;
If you register an account online with us, we may be able to link the information collected from you before registration and apply it to your registered account or future information that we collect after you have registered.
5. Why do we ask for this information?
When you place an order we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, you can place an order via a guest account, or you can create an account.
You may also provide us with personal information via survey responses or competition entries.
We will ask for or collect your information when you use our customer support services, including telephone and email support.
You do not have to give us permission in order to use our website.
We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address so that we can send you marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time by:
- logging into your account and updating your preferences
- emailing, telephoning or writing to us using the contact details in section 1 above
6. How do we use your personal information
We have set out below the purposes for which we use your personal information. The information we keep stored on our system is strictly for the purposes of maintaining a business relationship with you.
- We may communicate with you about your order for a service or product. This is contractually necessary because we use your personal information in order to meet our obligations under our contract with you, for example, to deliver a product you have ordered.
- We may use your personal information to notify you about changes to our service, communicate with you about any queries or enquiries you have made.
- We may use your personal information to send you information about our products and services including special offers, new products and promotions, however we will only do this if you have given us express consent to do so, either in the form of written consent via letter or email, or via a double opt-in online subscription form.
- We may need to use your personal information in order to carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity. In some cases we may be under obligation to disclose this information to law enforcement agencies.
- We may need to process your personal information to make a legal or insurance claim for non-payment of goods, or to address any claims you make against us. In some cases we may also be under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information (eg. legal proceedings).
Our website, warehouse and trade counter services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
7. How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
8. Who do we share your personal information with?
We do not generally ever share your information with third parties. Only in exceptional situations would we ever disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us, or if we need to make a claim against you (usually for non-payment of goods).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may share anonymous or aggregate data (such as aggregated statistics or other anonymised data) with third parties.
Links to external sites
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to www.websitename.co.uk.)
The owners of this website, Amble Electrical Distributors Limited, VAT No. 658 0767 03, cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any issues arising in connection with the third party's use of your data (including your personal information).
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Where will your personal information be processed?
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in the United Kingdom. ,
In relation to data stored and processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA):
- Facebook operates a global infrastructure and they process data in both EU and US-based servers. This processing is supported by strict legal compliance for safeguarding any transfers of personal data outside of the EU. Facebook has certified certain products for which it acts as data processor under Privacy Shield, as explained further in its Privacy Shield announcement and certification (see www.facebook.com/about/privacyshield ).
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm what personal information we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data;
- Correct any personal information that is inaccurate;
- Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold that data;
- Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our right to use that data;
- Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data e.g. to support a product warranty;
- Stop using your personal information to send you marketing materials such as our catalogue, marketing email, discounts or vouchers.
- Provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible. This applies where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary to perform a contract with you (see How do we use your personal information, above).
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose your personal information to you or comply with other requests.
We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you and your preferences as to how we contact you are accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know (details below) and we will amend them.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you're not happy with how we've handled your personal information. You can contact the supervisory authority at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Post: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF, website: www.ico.org.uk
10. Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet cafe.
11. Updates to this notice
This notice was last updated 24th May 2018. We may update this notice from time to time. The latest version of this notice will be posted on our website.